TeamSpeak Wiki: Where can I install a TeamSpeak 3 server?Rootserver or dedicated server:
- Recommended -
Almost everything can be installed on a root server. This of course includes the Teamspeak 3 server application. The advantage of a root server is the location in a data center as well as a usually very stable connection.
Virtual server (V-Server):
- Recommended -
The virtual server is the little brother of the root server. Since the resources of a V-Server are distributed to several customers (sometimes even 100 or 1000 customers per server), these are significantly cheaper than root servers. A Vserver costs between 3 and 10 Euro per month.
In principle it is possible to host a Teamspeak 3 server on a V-Server. However, the TeamSpeak server usually runs less stable on a VServer than on a root server. However, this method is still much better than your own computer.
- Not recommended -
As mentioned above, a Teamspeak 3 server can be installed on Windows, Linux and MAC systems. Of course, this also applies to the home computer. Since the PC would have to run all the time (electricity is expensive!) and a DSL connection has too little upload, you usually dont get very far with this variant. But it is possible. However, there are enormous security risks with this method.
Platforms on which no Teamspeak 3 server can be installed:
- On webspace for internet pages: Only files (HTML, PHP etc.) can be stored on it and called up via a URL. Teamspeak 3 is a service that requires an operating system. Webspace is not an operating system, but also a service, like Teamspeak 3. Services cannot be executed on a simple webspace.
- Smartphones and Tablet PCs (iPhone, iPad, Android devices). For these devices a TS3 Client App is available.
- Game consoles (Sony Playstation 3, Microsoft xBox 360 etc.)
- Cloud storage (Internet storage) such as Dropbox or similar
- What is TeamSpeak (3)
- TeamSpeak Server Queryport
- TeamSpeak Server Ports
- TeamSpeak Server get Admin privileges
- TeamSpeak Server: How to change the server name and password
- TeamSpeak Server Reserved Slots
- Where can I install a TeamSpeak 3 server?
- TeamSpeak Server Channel disappear
- Advantages and disadvantages of a rented TeamSpeak Server
- TeamSpeak Server set Channel/Group icons